Caryl: I’m going to choose Bodie Thoene. I’ve been reading her books so long that I can hardly remember how I found out about her, but I’ve read and re-read her books and love them all. Mostly because of the setting in the early ones. Jerusalem ~ Israel, the only place in the whole world I long to go. I know I’ll get to one day for it is a true desire of my heart. I love her characters and so I just know I’d love her, too, when I meet her in person.
I heard good things about her also. A great book usually has a great villain. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
Caryl: AH 🙂 Let’s see now…favorite bad guy l love to hate, huh? I’m stallin’. I’m stallin…Okay, in August Rush the pregnant heroine’s in a car wreck and when she wakes up, her father tells her that her baby died. He did it so that she’d keep playing the cello – she played exquisitely. This also kept her from looking for the baby’s daddy or the baby who’s been growing up in an orphanage. I loved to hate that father. Bless God, in the end, he called for her and told her the truth before he died.
Sounds like a really wicked character who is redeemed. Now more about you. What project are you currently working on?
Caryl: This changes almost weekly with my plans of putting out ten titles in 2015, maybe eleven. HOPE REBORN came in January and THE PREACHER’S FAITH in February already…SO, I’m:
(1) publishing THEN THE DELUGE COMES, volume 2 in The Generations Biblical fiction series that debuts March 6th
(2) making proof changes on SING A NEW SONG, book 2 in contemporary Christian Red River Romance series as well as putting final touches on cover
(3) editing SINS OF THE MOTHERS, book four of my historical Christian Texas Romance series and my May debut
(4) writing (on Chapter Twelve of sixteen or so) on TOKEN OF THE COVENANT, volume 3 of The Generations scheduled for June release
(5) editing on ONE AND DONE, contemporary Christian romance with a Texas Ranger Baseball backdrop planned to release in July
(6) writing on STORY AND STYLE, a non-fiction to explain Point of View, Hooks, Characterization, Scene and Sequel to new writers or old writers who still need help 🙂 It will be my August release if I have one, AND
(7) writing (on chapter twelve of thirty or so) DAUGHTERS OF THE HEART, book five in my historical Texas Romance series scheduled to debut in September. All my planning and scheduling is ‘if God wills’!
(8) October’s novel is ACQUIRING A WIFE, book 4 of contemporary Christian Red River Romances (about eight chapters written),
(9) and November’s debut is CHILDREN OF EBER, volume 4 of The Generations in November. What a Year! What an awesome year!
Wow! Unbelievable amount of work and blessings ahead for you. Thanks so much for dropping by, Caryl! If you ‘d like a chance to win a free ebook of THEN THE DELUGE COMES, please leave a comment below.
Obedience assures the preservation of life. By Adam’s death, evil overtakes the sons of Cain filling the earth with lasciviousness and violence. God declares He will not contend forever with man. But, Noah, the only one of the tenth generation to walk perfect before the Lord, hears His word.
MAKE THEE AN ARK OF GOPHER WOOD; ROOMS SHALT THOU MAKE IN THE ARK, AND SHALT PITCH IT WITHIN AND WITHOUT WITH PITCH
With the help of his father Lamech, and Grandfather Methuselah—whose name foretells when the deluge will come—Noah and his three sons embark on the massive task of building the giant boat with no idea why except that God said.
Evil, too, heard the word of the Lord. Lucifer and his angels war in the second heaven to steal, kill, and utterly destroy the earth’s inhabitants. With each child passed through the fire, their battle songs grow stronger, but the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Simon & Schuster, Christian hybrid author, Caryl McAdoo is currently writing three series: her historical Christian Texas Romances; the contemporary Red River Romances; and The Generations,her Biblical fiction. The novelist loves singing new songs the Lord gives her, and she paints. In 2008, she and her high school sweetheart-husband Ron moved from the DFW area—home for fifty-five years—to the woods of Red River County. Caryl counts four children and fourteen grandsugars life’s biggest blessings believing all good things come from God. Praying her story gives God glory, she hopes each one will also minister His love, mercy, and grace to its readers. Caryl and Ron live in Clarksville, the county seat, in the far northeast corner of the Lone Star State.
Then the Deluge Comes http://tinyURL.com/DelugeComes