Wow. Christmas will arrive in twenty-four days. The physical signs are all around us. Even without a calendar, I’d know because there are things I love and a few I don’t even like about this season that I don’t see at any other time of year.
What makes me happy?
- Shopping. I like trying to find a special gift to make friends and family smile.
- Decorations. I enjoy decorating my house, driving around looking at adorned houses, even the way the stores and shops show all their festive colors of the season.
- Contemplation and prayer. I take time to remember the reason for the season and pray, especially for the less fortunate.
- Enjoying school days off with the grandbabies. I love spend the night fun and Christmas movie watching.
What makes me less than happy?
- The traffic. Everyone is out and in a hurry.
- The endless commercials on television. I tend to use the ‘mute’ button a lot these days.
- The long lines. Though I tend to be fairly even-tempered, the stores test even my patience level.
I love the holidays. Not so much the hustle and bustle, but the joy and Small Acts of Kindness that surround this time of year. People give, care, and share more during the season of love.
One of my favorite events in the holiday season is our Once Upon a Christmas giveaway. This is the third year and the prizes are better than ever for three blessed winners. Make sure you go to Rafflecopter and enter today. Contest ends December 13th.
$25 Barnes & Noble gift card
$25 Subway gift card
$25 Starbucks gift card
And six books: