Marketing is a daunting task! At Inspired Prompt, we especially love to help authors promote their books, with an emphasis on their latest releases.
We offer our 3 Questions Wednesday interview on a first-come, first-serve basis. Interview space is limited, so please consult us well in advance of your release date. You’ll find the interview questions and guidelines below. Please read, then fill out the “Contact Us” tab, stating your request. We’ll do our best to get you on our schedule as close to your release date as possible. If your book is already in publication, we’ll schedule it first available.
The Inspired Prompt Crew
2020 Interview Guidelines
For interviews, we’ll need the answers to the three questions of your choice below, along with the following items: a headshot, short bio with links (where readers can find you), book blurb, and cover art. We ask that you consider some type of giveaway for our 3 Questions Wednesday interview: a book, gift card, or other prize. If you’re giving a book, let us know if it’s Kindle, PDF, or print.
3 Questions Wednesday interview (choose three to answer)
- What do you love most about the writing process? The least?
- What was the best money you ever spent as a writer concerning craft? How about marketing?
- If you could give a novice writer one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Villain?
- Describe your writing space.
- Give a shout out to a writer friend and your favorite book they’ve written.
- Were you a young writer, late-bloomer, or somewhere in-between?
- What genre have you never written, but would secretly like to?
Guidelines for submitting interviews and blog posts*:
- Word document is preferred (No PDFs, please).
- Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Block formatting.
- Don’t attach your headshot to the document or other pics to the document.
- Stop by once a day and check for comments from our readers.
- Articles or interviews need to be in two weeks ahead of the scheduled date unless you talk to one of the crew about an exception.
- We will schedule announcements of your post on Social Media and ask that you do also.
Use our contact form (Contact Us tab above) for more information. We’ll contact you by return email. — Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
*At this time, we do not accept unsolicited blog posts, they are by invitation only, so if you’ve been invited to write a blog post for Inspired Prompt, please follow the official guidelines above.