We offer two types of interviews: 3 Questions Wednesday, and our Saturday interview, which is more in-depth. Interview space is limited so please consult us well in advance of the date you need. If you’re interested in submitting an article for our topic of the month, please read the guidelines below, then fill out the “Contact Us” tab, stating your request.
The Writing Prompts Crew
Guest Post and Interview Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting an article, please contact us about the topic of the month. Preferred word count is 400-800, with an absolute maximum of 1000. We also like to see photos that pertain to the topic. A writing prompt at the end is required. See other articles by our crew members for ideas.
For interviews (beside the answers to the questions), we’ll need a head shot, short bio with links, book blurb, and cover (if you have one) or blog and website information. We ask that you consider some type of giveaway for our 3 Questions Wednesday interview: a book, gift card, or other prize. If you’re giving a book, let us know if it’s Kindle, PDF, or print. The Saturday interview does not require a giveaway.
3 Questions Wednesday interview (2017)
- What inspires you?
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Saturday interview (2017)
- Tell us a little about yourself and your background.
- What genre are your books? What draws you to this genre?
- Do you work to an outline or prefer to see where an idea takes you?
- What is the hardest thing about writing?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
For articles or interviews:
- Word document is preferred (No PDF).
- Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Block formatting.
- Separate author jpeg. (Don’t put your head shot on the document) Also separate book cover jpeg.
- Stop by once a day and check for comments from our readers.
- Articles or interviews need to be in two weeks ahead of the scheduled date unless you talk to one of the crew about an exception.
- We will schedule announcements of your post on Social Media and ask that you do also.
Use our contact form (Contact Us tab above) for more information, or to state your interest in any or all of these activities. We’ll contact you by return email.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.