We offer two types of interviews: 3 Questions Wednesday, and our Saturday interview, which is mostly for book releases. Interview space is limited so please consult us well in advance of the date you need. If you’re interested in submitting an article for our topic of the month, please read the guidelines below, then fill out the “Contact Us” tab, stating your request.
The Inspired Prompt Crew
2019 Guest Post and Interview Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting a writing-related article, please contact us about the topic of the month. Preferred word count is 400-800, with an absolute maximum of 1000. We also like to see photos that pertain to the topic. A writing prompt at the end is required. See other articles by our crew members for ideas.
For interviews (beside the answers to the questions), we’ll need a head shot, short bio with links, book blurb, and cover (if you have one) or blog and website information. We ask that you consider some type of giveaway for our 3 Questions Wednesday interview: a book, gift card, or other prize. If you’re giving a book, let us know if it’s Kindle, PDF, or print. The Saturday interview does not require a giveaway.
3 Questions Wednesday interview
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could write about anyone or anything fiction/nonfiction who or what would you write about?
- If you could spend time with a character from your book or another book whom would it be? And what would you do during that day? (PG please) 🙂
Saturday interview (For book releases)
- Tell us a little about yourself.
- What do you love most about the writing process?
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
- If you could give advice to your younger writing self, what would it be?
- What are common traps for aspiring writers?
- What does literary success look like to you?
- Future Projects or WIP you can talk about?
For articles or interviews:
- Word document is preferred (No PDF).
- Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Block formatting.
- Separate author jpeg. (Don’t put your head shot on the document) Also separate book cover jpeg.
- Stop by once a day and check for comments from our readers.
- Articles or interviews need to be in two weeks ahead of the scheduled date unless you talk to one of the crew about an exception.
- We will schedule announcements of your post on Social Media and ask that you do also.
Use our contact form (Contact Us tab above) for more information, or to state your interest in any or all of these activities. We’ll contact you by return email.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.