We offer 3 Questions Wednesday, first come, first serve. Interview space is limited so please consult us well in advance of the date you need. If you’re interested in submitting an article for our topic of the month, please read the guidelines below, then fill out the “Contact Us” tab, stating your request. We’ll follow up with a list of our topics.
The Inspired Prompt Crew
2020 Guest Post and Interview Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting a writing-related article, please contact us about the topic of the month. The preferred word count is 400-800, with an absolute maximum of 1000. We also like to see photos that pertain to the topic. A writing prompt at the end is required. See other articles by our crew members for ideas.
For interviews (besides the answers to the questions), we’ll need a headshot, short bio with links, book blurb, and cover (if you have one) or blog and website information. We ask that you consider some type of giveaway for our 3 Questions Wednesday interview: a book, gift card, or other prize. If you’re giving a book, let us know if it’s Kindle, PDF, or print.
3 Questions Wednesday interview (choose three to answer)
- What do you love most about the writing process? The least?
- What was the best money you ever spent as a writer concerning craft? How about marketing?
- If you could give a novice writer one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite fictional hero or heroine? Villain?
- Describe your writing space.
- Give a shout out to a writer friend and your favorite book they’ve written.
- Were you a young writer, late-bloomer, or somewhere in-between?
- What genre have you never written, but would secretly like to?
For articles or interviews:
- Word document is preferred (No PDF).
- Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Block formatting.
- Don’t attach your headshot to the document or other pics to the document.
- Stop by once a day and check for comments from our readers.
- Articles or interviews need to be in two weeks ahead of the scheduled date unless you talk to one of the crew about an exception.
- We will schedule announcements of your post on Social Media and ask that you do also.
Use our contact form (Contact Us tab above) for more information, or to state your interest in any or all of these activities. We’ll contact you by return email.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.